Sie sind hier


Dieses Formular ist für Eingaben gesperrt.

Social Fund ÖH Uni Wien

Diese seite auf Deutsch anzeigen

The ÖH Uni Wien would like to help students in financial need with funding from the Social Fund. As ÖH Uni Wien we unconditionally stand for open and free access to higher education. For us, this also means that we are committed to improving the financial situation of students. In addition to financial support, there is the possibility to take advantage of our comprehensive counseling services.

Applications for the academic year 2021/22 can be submitted until May 15, 2022 .

Students of the University of Vienna can apply for a grant once a year. A new application is possible no earlier than one year after the date of the last application.


The following steps are necessary for the application:

1. read the guidelines for the Social Fund ÖH Uni Wien and the data protection information. Support can only be granted if the requirements set in the guidelines are fulfilled,.

2. fill out this application form completely and enclose copies of ALL documents and receipts requested here.

3. the application will be submitted automatically through the digital application form (below). You may also send the application by to the following address:

Sozialreferat der ÖH Uni Wien
AAKH, Spitalgasse 2, Hof 1
A-1090 Wien


FAQ on applications and social issues during Corona

Why has my application for the Social Fund of the ÖH Uni Wien been rejected, even though I no longer have a regular income and cannot pay the rent for the next few months?

Due to the current situation, many students have experienced financial hardship and have lost their jobs. Unfortunately, our financial resources are far from sufficient to directly support all students we would like to help. However, we are in continuing exchange with political decision-makers to be able to guarantee help for students in this emergency situation. At the beginning of the winter semester 2022, new applications can be submitted again.

Where can I apply for further financial support?

If your application for the social fund of the ÖH Uni Wien was rejected (or if you did not apply at all), you can apply for the Corona Hardship Fund of the ÖH Federal Representation. You can find the application form and the guidelines here:

Attention: Make sure that your application is complete!

What other possibilities of financial support do I have, apart from the Social Funds?

How long does it take to process my application?

Considering the number of applications, processing unfortunately takes longer than usual, around 12 weeks. We ask for your patience and will let you know as soon as possible.

When can I apply for the Social Fund of the ÖH Uni Wien?

In the current academic year until May 15, 2022, then probably again from the beginning of the winter semester 2022.

Where can I get free legal advice?

There is still the possibility to use the legal advice of the ÖH Uni Wien. You can reach them on fixed dates from 4:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

More detailed informationand the current dates can be found on our homepage:

What should I do if I don’t have access to the documents I need?

Please send us all documents that can prove your current situation as best as possible. If you do not have access to individual documents, please explain this in the explanation of your application.

Can the explanation of the application be written in English?


What does the recently adopted "neutral semester" mean for students?

In summary, this means that the 2020 summer semester does not count for recipients of Studienbeihilfe or Mobilitäts- and Studienabschluss-Stipendien. In concrete terms, this means an extension of the entitlement period and a postponement of the key date for the proof of performance.

Attention: There is no semester neutralized due to COVID-19 for the semester count for the tuition fee.

Who can I turn to if I am increasingly struggling with psychological problems due to the current situation?

You can still contact the psychological student counseling service: 01 402 30 91.

In addition, you can contact Rat auf Draht (147) or the telephone counselling service (142).


Please send all your questions concerning the Social Fund by e-mail to sozialtopf(at) - telephone inquiries only in urgent cases.


If you have further questions that are not answered in these FAQs, please contact